my vote [was Re: [Clipart] MORE LOGOS]

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Aug 28 10:24:29 PDT 2004

I already expressed my opinons on the matter now for my votes

-----8<-----

1.  http://openclipart.org/clipart//OCALLogos/open_clip_art_logo_06.svg

essentailly I'm voting that the Scissors should become our identifying
logo, it is a near universal symbol and immediately recongisable, so much
so that I can represent it in ASCII as shown.

-----8<-----

----->8----

2.  http://openclipart.org/clipart//OCALLogos/open_clip_art_logo_07.svg

This logo is so similiar to the previous one it hardly makes sense to vote
for it seperately but I'm doing so anyway.

3.
http://openclipart.org/clipart//OCALLogos/open_clipart_library_proposal_01_gallery_01.png

Andy Fitzsimons artwork is excellent and although I dont think it is ideal
as the Scissors I do think that it is a beautiful piece of artwork that we
should seriously try to make use of in some way, if not as a logo perhaps
as banner adds or perhaps as a splash screen/about dialog for one of the
releases.