[Clipart] organize repository and access rights

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Tue Jul 13 17:04:33 PDT 2004

Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

> i have done some work to organize. there are still images in
> 'unsorted', but only two pages.

There will always be a few unsorted images.  I'd say two pages' worth
is under control.

> Entertainment (i had to create this category as a placeholder for Toys
> and Music)
>    Music
>    Sports (in the Wiki this is under Activities)
>    Toys

Actually, I like having Sports under Entertainment.  Other hobbies
could go there too, if we get any hobby-related clipart (e.g.,
scrapbooking stuff).

> Homes (this should not be a top level)

No, it shouldn't.  But don't worry about it for now; when we figure
out where it does belong, we'll put it there.  It may be that as the
collection grows we'll get images of other buildings and things and
can make the Homes a subcategory together with those under some
general heading or another.

>    Clock (i'm not very happy with this in Signs)

I don't like having clocks under Signs either, but I'm not sure where
to put them in the current organization.  For now, having them grouped
together is the key thing, and they can be easily relocated to a
different place in the heirarchy all together.  When we start adding
the keywords we'll just give all the clocks a "clock" keyword and
worry about where that falls in the heirarchy later.