[Clipart] XMP or Dublin Core? And other things I'd like to see ...

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 23 13:14:55 PST 2004

Phew, I just finished reading the entire mailing list archives!

Dublin Core good.
Dublin Core is actually part of Adobe XMP.

Yah! For once I'm the guy who actually read the specifications*.
(Completely out of character but I need to savour the moment).

I did a quick google to help make sure I didn't imagine it
http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/51846.htm
so it is only partial support of Dublin Core but it is there.

Other things I'd like to see:

 * Consistant SVG markup *
If the SVG used could be made as generic as possible it would make it
easier for a wider variety of applications, parsers or scrips to use
and manipulate it.
For example hex values, named colours, or rgb values can be used to
describe colours, the Clipart Collection should pick one and stick with
it.  If I'm manually fixing SVG I perfer to use double spaces for
indentation.  I'm sure I'll think of other things later.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/