[Clipart] PNG versions please

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue May 4 10:32:47 PDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Jon Phillips wrote:

> Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 10:38:53 -0700
> From: Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>
> To: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera at math.umd.edu>
> Cc: clipart-list <clipart at freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] PNG versions please
>
> A more effective solution will be to develop a tool to build PNGs and
> other versions on the fly. This is something we will discuss in
> tonight's meeting, right? It doesn't make sense to create these by hand.

http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/

I suggested Librsvg and I'm suggesting it again, there are various tools
that use it (some directly some via GDKpixbuf) and it is being actively
developed and will likely be able to deal with more of SVG than Inkscape
currently does (because it has a lot less work to do with the SVG than
Inkscape does).

It is also being used by many core pieces of Gnome software and it really
needs to be good, and I'm sure they will appreciate any feedback you can
give and put it into active use.

- Alan