[Clipart] Mirroring http://openclipart.org

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Nov 3 17:05:38 PST 2004

Heya Max!

Yes, mirroring is a great idea, although like you notice, we're totally
not set up for doing that yet.

I am currently developing a tool called DMS (see Document::Manager on
CPAN) which will provide a more straightforward way to mirror content.
Essentially it will allow everything to be checked into a central
repository, and then be able to check out (and periodically update)
hierarchically-organized snapshots for use in browsing, etc.

That system is probably a month or two off from being ready to put into
production though.  Meantime, mirroring of the downloadable tarball
would be nice; it's big and this would help offload the freedesktop.org
servers.

You can also get a copy of the browse cgi tool to run on your mirrored
copy of the download tarball, if you want.   Nicu can probably give you
more info on that if you're interested.

Bryce