[Clipart] Contributions to the library

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Oct 5 10:50:39 PDT 2004

Hi there,

We have a substantial library of our own clipart, created primarily to
support language teaching, here:

<http://web.uvic.ca/hcmc/clipart/>

There are about 1500 individual images, mostly in Illustrator format, and
each one has been turned into two varieties of GIF, one with a transparent
background and one on white. Those not in Illustrator format are PSDs from
scans of drawings, so couldn't be vectored.

We're wondering whether this material would be useful to your project.
Keywords are already assigned to each image in a JavaScript array which is
used for searching them; these wouldn't necessarily match your keywords
though. Does the material look like it would be useful for openclipart? If
so, do you have any tips on how we might batch-convert the images to SVG?

Cheers,
Martin

Martin Holmes
mholmes at uvic.ca