[Clipart] Browsing interface

Alberto Simões hashashin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 11:37:19 PDT 2004

Hi people.

I'm being out (in YAPC::EU::2004 at Belfast) which explains why I
didn't reply to this thread before.

I am the one who designed the first browsing script, and I'm thinking
to rewrite it (unless somebody has a little more time than me).

Regarding the comments:
 1. I agree with a rating system. That would be very cool.
 2. I think we should show the first 20 or so images for each
category, being or not in any subcategories.
 3. The counting can help a lot, too.
 4. I want to add a search form because images metadata does not need
to include only keywords from the hierarchy defined by us.

Finally, how is going DMS, Bryce?

Hugs.
Alberto

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:56:58 -0400, Jonadab the Unsightly One
<jonadab at bright.net> wrote:
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:
>
> > With the DMS I'm planning on providing some functions that allow
> > better navigational solutions, so this is good feedback to be
> > hearing right now.
>
> Something that has occurred to me is that some kind of rating system
> that allows users to rank clipart based on how much they like it would
> allow a browse interface to put the most popular pieces within each
> category (or search results) toward the top of the results.
>
> Right now the collection is so small that that really wouldn't be
> meaningful.  In the long term, though...
>

> --
> split//,"ten.thgirb\@badanoj$/ --";$\=$ ;-> ();print$/

Alberto Simões