[Clipart] PR for 0.16

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Mon Aug 1 01:45:05 PDT 2005

Patricia FIDI wrote:
> Nicu Buculei a écrit :
>
>> I saw you submitted recently some images (flags). However, it may
>> worth to check if there are already some flags in the repository
>> before creating a new version, this can save you some work, for
>> example this is your flag
>> http://openclipart.org/incoming/andorre_flag_patricia_fi_01.svg and an
>> existing one is
>> http://openclipart.org/clipart//signs_and_symbols/flags/europe/andorra.svg
>> - if you don't know, we inherited the former Sodipodi flag collection.
>

> Yes I saw this one. Cows in my flag are very differents. Can we write a

I  see it now, the cows in your image are more detailed and look better

> comments when uploading new clip art ? I would explain cows are
> different...

I'm not sure comments are needed, in the end we will have *both* images
in the library, leaving the users to decide what like best and use.

> And I saw for example my flag about Corsica but without the name of author.
> Maybe someone have placed it without knowing I have drawn it.

Adding the author name to the file name is a trick we added later to
ensure unique file names, it is NOT the authoritative mean to determine
the author, which is the metadata embedded *inside* the file, for
example your flag
(http://openclipart.org/clipart//signs_and_symbols/flags/europe/france/france_corsica.svg)
has all the author info inside it, here is an extras:

<dc:publisher>
           <Agent rdf:about="http://www.openclipart.org">
             <dc:title>Patricia Fidi</dc:title>
           </Agent>
         </dc:publisher>
         <dc:creator>
           <Agent rdf:about="">
             <dc:title>Patricia Fidi</dc:title>
           </Agent>
         </dc:creator>
         <dc:rights>
           <Agent rdf:about="">
             <dc:title>Patricia Fidi</dc:title>
           </Agent>

for a description of how this metadata works, see
http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MetadataDiscussion

>>> "Browse" in the bar...
>>> "Browse" should be in the left menu after a "search" link.
>>> "Browse" could be replace by "Catalog", "Library", "Collection"...
>>

>> How about "Browse Library" ?
>

> Why not ? Library is near "Librairie" in French.

I am not a native English speaker, so will wait a little to see what
others think.

> White color on letters may be better than Red color on blue bar.

I don't know what was the reason for using red, it may be to fit the
color of the button next to the search box on the same bar

--
nicu