[Clipart] Mailing List Configuration

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Aug 1 23:12:14 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 08:41:51PM -0400, Paul Reinheimer wrote:
> I to am in favour of leaving the list as is.
>
> This was also argued back in April IIRC

Right.

I've also found that this is a topic argued in just about every open
source project I've been in.  ;-)  It's one of those arguments that
never ever seems to get a solid concensus, as there are good arguments
on each side.

I think the safe rule of thumb is to let it get argued once, at the
start of a project, and select the approach that seems to have the most
support, and then just stick with it from that point on.  Switching the
style midway through the project is impossible and just makes a lot of
people irritated.  ;-)

Fwiw, I actually ended up changing mail clients (from pine to mutt) in
order to be able to be able to handle this reply setting better.