[Clipart] Nazi flag

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at digitaldistribution.com
Thu Aug 4 04:25:08 PDT 2005

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:

> I would also like to point out that people have been arguing that the
> nazi flag for instance is illegal in France or Germany. This is
> bullshit. In these countries you do not risk the police storming your
> house for downloading a clipart collection which includes a nazi flag.

I don't know about France, but a German Debian developer told me that in
Germany it's illegal enough that Debian can't include it.

But the issue at hand is not (or should not be) about the Nazi flag in
particular. But about where and how we draw a line between what's ok and
what's not. And arguing about whether the Nazi flag is missing the point.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) Leave your mark at OpenOffice.org