[Clipart] Nazi flag

momo momo at lumenstudio.net
Thu Aug 4 04:45:23 PDT 2005

> Name: wos
> E-mail: scheuing at realss.com
>

> With search keyword "Germany" appears a nazi flag. Please remove this
> flag.
>
> Nobody needs such a flag. It is a sign for a cruel regime. Why do you
> offer this flag???

Hello.

The nazi flag is representing one of the periods of the German's history.
History cannot be rewritten or remade. I don't see a reason to remove this
flag from the Openclipart collection.

By following your logic, we should then remove the USSR flag (comunism is
baaaaaaad...), the Cuban flag (same reason as for the USSR), the Chinese
flag (Communistic country), refuse the posting of the Iraqi flag (in its
older form, because it has to do something with Hussein). Then vietnamese
people would yale about the USA's flag ("Because Americans invaded us!!!"
will they say...). "No Belarus flag!!!" - will tell Europeans, "their
president is a tyrant!", IRAN, NOTH KOREA, LYBIA, and so on..

Come on! this is a clipart, not a politico-historical debate!

Also, I'd like to tell the following about porn, religion, and other stuff
that "may offend" somebody's feelings: If we try to make all the involved
users "not offended", we would actually need to delete lots of clipart
images. My point of view is that we should:

- NEVER ACCEPT children pornography.
- judge erotic images and decide all together as a community about every
image.
- FORGET about religion (too much problems for nothing, like the "problem"
that somebody may be "offended" by evolution (I really hope this is a joke))
- FORGET about political prejudices (or we'll have to delete the flag
collection or change it every time a political crisis will happen in the
world)
- maybe there sould be a warning, saying to visitors that the clipart
contains all kind of images (religious, decent nudity, political, etc...)
and it's up to them to accept the fact that they may be "offended" by some
of them.

Regards,

Mo.