[Clipart] how about wallpaper..

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Mon Aug 8 23:34:24 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:
> To change the subject up a bit...gee, we don't have any SVG wallpapers
> for peoples desktops :)
>
> Seems like we could amass quite a large collection of SVG-based
> wallpaper. Actually, making backround screen patterns and images as SVG
> would be brilliant because they scale well.
>
> Doesn't this sound like some good content that we need for our library?

Agreed, is a very good idea to create wallpapers in SVG (and you can
find some http://www.google.com/search?q=svg+wallpaper) but technically
wallpapers are not clipart so this may be outside of the scope of the
library.

It could be good marketing to create some SVG wallpapers featuring our
clipart and put them on the website as promotion for the library (a
similar thing could be made for Inkscape: how about transforming some of
the excellent candidates in the about screen contest in SVG wallpapers
and put them on the website?)

--
nicu