[Clipart] New Makefile and clipart_package cvs module!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Aug 21 18:30:34 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 08:38 -0400, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:
>
> > Jonadab, please check this out because I think I might have made
> > some of the release process unnecessary.
>
> It is probably not useful for me to check out a makefile, since I
> can't even begin to read them.  I've attempted to look at a couple of
> makefiles in the past, and they might as well be written in Swahili.

Ok, I've made it pretty good as a blackbox and the INSTALL instructions
are pretty easy and directed towards making the packaging process
easier.

> > Should we add a man file for the install?
>
> Maybe.  I don't know.  What would it say?

Nah, we should hold off on this it seems.

> > Also, we need to come up with a way to add to the AUTHORS list on
> > each release...I think important to highlight all the contributors
>
> That information currently is in statistics.txt
>
> Are you saying that it should be moved to a file called AUTHORS.txt?
>
> That would be easy to arrange.

Actually, I would like a file AUTHORS that has all the authors of the
clipart in it. I will have the makefile check for this and cat it to the
entire AUTHORS file. Cool?

The statistics file is cool as is.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894