[Clipart] Re: Makefile and RPMs

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Aug 22 11:05:22 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 18:02 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:

<snip />

> Here's a first stab at it (see attached openclipart.spec.in and Makefile).
>
> Once the tools get into a shape where they can be distributed and
> installed properly using "make install", "make dist" etc., I would
> advocate splitting the RPM along these lines:
>
> * a single SRPM containing the "full" bzip tarball. It would be even
> better if the multiple image formats could be generated using "make"
> from one or two input formats (e.g. make PNGs from SVGs plus text
> files). I don't know if this is possible or not. If it is, a source
> distribution containing just the minimum needed content would be better,
> and have the rest built using "make". Full "binary" distributions could
> also be built for people not wanting to do that themselves, but the RPM
> would not use those.
>
> * an openclipart-svg RPM containing just the SVG images
>
> * an openclipart-extraformats RPM containing the other data and with a
> dependency on openclipart-svg
>
> * an openclipart-tools package
>
> The first two of these could be relocatable.

Awesome Paul!

These changes work brilliantly! If you would like dev. level access on
clipart, please email me offlist your ssh public key, gpg public key,
and email and I will get you fd.o access.

Thanks for these fixes. You are the packaging master...and now we have
RPM support! Soooo....the clipart_package now handles all of the
previous packages we generated and now *RPM* packages!!!

Cool!

Jon

<snip />

San Francisco, CA