[Clipart] Patch to add DMS support to upload script

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Aug 29 05:05:42 PDT 2005

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> Hi Jonadab,
>
> I think everything's set for adding a call to DMS to the upload script,
> like we talked about the other day.  Below is a patch which should add
> this capability.

This is now live on the site.  I did make one change.  I changed ||=
to just = so that the hardcoded value for the DMS bin directory
overrides whatever may be in the config file.  This is for reasons
having to do with taint checking, since we execute a binary from
there, and Perl considers data that are read from a file to be tainted
(which, usually, is right, although in this instance the script itself
could be altered just as easily as the config file).

This doesn't actually change anything right now in practice, since
that value was not specified in the config file anyway.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/