[Clipart] Sorting

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Feb 9 01:30:54 PST 2005

Andy Burns wrote:
> Nathan Eady wrote:
>
>> Actually, the auto thumbnail previewing made Windows Explorer
>> well-suited to this task, something I never thought I'd hear
>> myself say.  (It doesn't thumbnail the .svg images, but it does
>> the .png thumbnails, so if you keep things sorted by name and
>> always move related files together, it works.)
>

> I suppose there is the possibility of creating a windows explorer shell
> extension that will support .svg files (i.e to display a thumbnail
> preview and add a tab to the property page to view the metadata)
>
> I might be tempted to have a go at that, anyone know of another
> opensource project that has similar functionaility for it's own file type?

Man, that would rock big time!!!

Here is an app that provides a framework for doing this:
http://thumbview.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=about

You could use Inkscape to generate png files for the SVG thumbnails...I don't
think it should be too difficult. It would be a great thing you would be doing...

Here are some more resources:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/directx/directxsdk/tools/content/textureviewer.asp

http://www.matroska.org/downloads/shellextension/

This one shows how to do it...