[Clipart] Re: svg shell extension

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 07:02:19 PST 2005

Carl Worth wrote:

>>Is MinGW required or will VC++ compile it?
>
> I don't know. I'll ask Owen to create a win32 page in the cairo wiki
> with some of these details.

Sounds good. The quick answer is that MSVC does compile it, and I think
there might even be a patch on the list from Hans to do the makefile
changes, but they aren't in CVS.

>>Actually what I need *is* an off-screen bitmap which I have to return to
>>explorer as a HBITMAP, I don't get asked to draw direct to screen.

No essential problem with that ... you have to create the HBITMAP and
HDC yourself but it isn't more than a few lines. I don't know if we'll
eventually want convenience functions in this area.

Regards,
						Owen