[Clipart] world maps

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Feb 26 19:43:59 PST 2005

Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

> would you hate me as a nit-picker for questioning the light blue
> color used for the text? ;)

Oh, I suppose I should briefly look at it with page colors enabled...

Well, where did *that* color come from?  [Drags out DOM Inspector...]

The computed style says rgb(0, 129, 172), which is what I'm seeing,
but it's not coming directly from that paragraph.  Working my way back
up the DOM tree...  the computed style for the form element has that,
but the computed style for the parent element of the form does not.
So it's attached to the form element.

Heuraka: css/default.css contains this:

form.search {
    color:                  #0081ac;
    margin:                 0;
    padding:                4px;
    clear:                  none;
}

Since I put class="search" on my form, it picked up this style, which
was probably intended for the search box in the header.  I'll change
the class on my form to "keywordsearch" to avoid this unintended
coupling.  There, all better.

Incidentally, the publish_web script runs much faster now and so is
much more convenient.