[Clipart] OpenClipart and Debian.

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Jan 14 06:08:18 PST 2005

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> This looks really cool!  One suggestion, for multi-word keywords can
> you either embed a space or underscore instead of running the words
> together?

They could have an underscore or a hyphen, but...

> We may want to use the keywords for category names on the website

I was thinking more in terms of aggregating images into categories
based loosely on what keywords they have, the way
convert-release-to-browse.pl does for releases, or the way we were
talking about doing with per-language XML hierarchies.  But in any
case, we're going to need an authority-control script soon anyway, as
this sort of thing is becomming an issue with the size of the
collection now, so I'm going to have to do that soon -- which means
we'll have the ability, if we want, to change all instances of the
keyword "internationalflag" to "international_flag", and so on, across
the entire collection.  If I have time to get this done by the end of
the month, we can "clean up" the keyword metadata (unify case and
number, strip leading and trailing spaces, ensure everything in the
animals category has the animal keyword (as opposed to, say, cochon or
kawai), and that sort of thing.  If I don't get this done this month,
we'll probably need to do it next month or the month after.  The
keywords on a lot of the images are rather a mess right now, and we
don't want to let that get out of hand.