[Clipart] suggestion

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Jun 15 07:28:16 PDT 2005

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form <noreply at openclipart.org> writes:

> why don't use bitorrent to distribute the packages.. In this way can
> reach more people

BitTorrent is designed for distributing to a much larger number of
people than we currently are doing, as near as I can guess (although I
don't have actual numbers).  I suspect that nobody would get much of a
speed boost out of it at this point.  However, our usage is growing,
so that may (likely will, if all goes according to plan) change in the
future.

> and to some bandwidth limited people be a bless!!!

Actually, bandwidth-limited people (especially on dialup) get little,
no, or even negative benefit from BitTorrent.  The benefit is mainly
for people on broadband.  (However, even the low-end of broadband,
consumer-grade cable modem or DSL, can be enough to see the benefit.)