[Clipart] Where to install?

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Jun 24 05:48:24 PDT 2005

Gerald Ganson <Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca> writes:

> Newer versions of Windows  have a global variable called "Program Files"
>
> Default location could be %Program Files%\clipart\
>
> I'm not sure which all releases of Windows would have this variable.

It's a registry key (see other message across-thread for details).

As for which versions of Windows have the key defined, I'm not sure
that's consistent even within versions, for old versions of Windows,
but in WinMe and WinXP it should always be defined.

Incidentally, you can change these paths using TweakUI, if you have
installed the Microsoft PowerToys for your version of Windows.