[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.14 Announcement - www.openclipart.org

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Jun 26 11:25:45 PDT 2005

Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

> What happened with the two icon sets (blankon and gartoon) we had in
> 'incoming'? they failed validation? (IIRC it was one metadata.rdf
> per collection) if so, what can we do to have them included in the
> next release?

There are license clarification issues to be worked out for those.

They both contain README files which state that they are distributed
under the terms of the General Public License.  We need to clarify
whether the submitters are the original copyright holders and whether
the copyright holders agreed to have them distributed under different
terms and, in particular, added to the public domain.

Are there other sites that collect icon sets, that allow licenses such
as the GPL (which, for icon sets more than clipart in general, seems
reasonable to me)?  Perhaps we could go with an affiliate-site method
for handling these situations?

Alternately, there are email addresses for the authors in the README
files in question, but I haven't gotten around to doing anything about
this yet.  If someone wants to volunteer to check on that...