[Clipart] HASH bug: diagnosed (at least partly)

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Jun 29 09:02:32 PDT 2005

Matthew Gates <matthew at porpoisehead.net> writes:

> I have some perl expertise, and I'm more than happy to help.  The
> big question as usual is where to start.

Always good to have help on board :-)

Probably the first place to start is to get familiar with using
SVG::Metadata, since almost everything we do involves that in one way
or another.  The version on the CPAN right now still has the HASH bug
we're in the process of fixing, but that's an implementation issue --
the POD that explains how to use the module is good.

> *  Is there some documentation of what is done during the
>    release process?   How are the tools invoked, and for what
>    purpose?

Yes.  Here:

http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ReleaseProcedure

However, for this release, because of the HASH bug that we've just
figured out, we also should repair the incoming files from pre-0.13
and pre-0.14, as well as the current incoming ones, based on the
information in the upload log.  Due to this, the first five steps are
different this time from usual.  I'm working on two scripts for doing
this (one that just gets the relevant info from the log, and the
other that uses that info and actually does the repairs).

The parts of the release process after step 5 are exactly as
documented in the Release Procedure, though, and hopefully next
release we can get back to "normal", such as that is.

Oh, and the 0.14 tools are obsolete, which leads back to your next
question...

> *  Is there public access to the CVS?

I think this was discussed recently in another thread, and as I recall
the answer was that anonymous CVS access wasn't working before but is
supposed to be now.  I'm going on memory off the top of my head, though.