[Clipart] 3000+ SVG files available

Stephen Silver ocalocal at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 3 02:55:30 PST 2005

Raymond Penners wrote:

> I have a collection of over 3000 (3339 to be precise) SVG files that I
> would like to submit to the openclipart database.  The SVG files are
> actually converted WMF files,

What software did you use for the conversion?

> originating from another free clipart collection located at www.kamsart.com.
>
> Concerning licensing, the site states the following: "[...]Here you
> will find free clipart pictures, collected from various internet sites
> and newsgroups, with permissions. All these free clipart are in public
> domain, royalty free and can be freely used by anybody. [...]"

It also says (at the bottom) "You can use above free clipart images
for personal or commercial use but you cannot sell or give to others."
So I don't think the site owner knows what public domain is, and I
wouldn't trust his/her claim that the clipart is public domain.

--
Stephen Silver