[Clipart] Re: [OCAL] Spammer alert!

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Mar 5 06:15:07 PST 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore wrote:
>> It appears someone (or something) has been submitting spam:
>> http://www.openclipart.org/incoming/sustained_growth_infolit_02.svg
>> http://www.openclipart.org/incoming/sustained_growth_infolit_01.svg

Upon closer inspection, whoever submitted these had no idea what he
was doing.  They have no content of their own, just a reference to a
file on the submitter's hard drive (a jpeg image), which of course
will come up empty/broken for anyone else.  I will not include them in
the release, since they are clearly content-free.  And if the JPEG
image had been embedded, we would set them aside as non-vector.  And
if the JPEG had been vectorized, we should still set them aside if
they contain trademarks, although I guess we're still working on a
policy/procedure for dealing with trademark issues.

Speaking of which...  well, I'll make that a new thread.