[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.11 Announcement

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Mar 10 01:25:37 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 10:47 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > Open Clip Art Library Release 0.11 Announcement
>
> so the next release will be 0.12...
>
> considering our current rate of releasing every month, this means we
> approach one year from the first release - i was not able to find with a
> quick search an announcement for 0.01, the first message on this list
> date from 2004-03-15 and for the first time we had on the downloads page
>   some distinct personal packages (this was on 2004-04-14)

Well, Bryce started packaging releases on his own pretty quickly. But, I
think we already passed our year silently. But I guess we can go
nonlinear and go by release date.

> now to the conclusion: are we planning to mark and celebrate somehow one
> year of existence? i don't know, maybe a special release or some
> articles posted on major websites or even the first edition of the
> contest proposed by rejon

Maybe we should celebrate with the contest. I think that sounds good. If
we are going to do for 0.12 release we should sort it out and announce
about it. Or, we can start it with 0.12 announcement. I think that
sounds more viable, as we already do PR once a month, and that would be
a positive addition to it. Any suggestions for the contest?

Jon

ASIDE: Maybe we can be the Open Source with the greatest number of
formal releases in a year ;)

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)