[Clipart] DMS

Greg Steffensen greg.steffensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:49:40 PDT 2005

> * There are probably already libraries available which would make
> building a web front end very easy.

There's quite a few web interfaces (and other interfaces) listed at
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_links.html . viewcvs and websvn in
particular offer tarball generation.

* Properties can be used to store additional data if that is necessary.

Earlier, in the context of the clipart browser, we'd discussed identifying
images both by path and md5 sum (it helps the browser filter out duplicate
images retrieved from multiple repositories, saving OCAL bandwidth). I'm not
sure if would be any performance advantage to storing the checksum this way
as opposed to just calling md5sum when needed, but that might be one
potential application of this. Ultimately, I think storing all metadata
relevent to querying in SQL is inevitably the most practical solution, but
this does provide an alternative way of storing the information that
currently goes in the .txt files.

Greg