[Clipart] Ideas for some new subcategories?

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Mon Oct 17 10:35:45 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I noticed during the 0.18 work that we need more subcategories.  I added
a few, but I was mostly focused on getting things out of 'unsorted'.

As a rule of thumb, it seems like categories shouldn't have more than
about half a dozen pages of images, else it gets really annoying to
browse.  An ideal category has 2-3 pages of items - enough to give some
good choices, but nothing more than a couple clicks away.

With these two rules of thumb in mind, we've got a few categories in
need of being subdivided.  Please take a look and share your ideas for
structuring them:

http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/computer
http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/geography
http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/office
http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/people
http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/signs_and_symbols
http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/tools

What do you think?  Probably adding a couple new subcategories each
should really improve the navigation.