[Clipart] Clipart licencing question

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 16:27:36 PST 2005

> You should ask this question of someone from Creative Commons. Please
> ask on this list, cc-community at list.ibiblio.org which can be found on
> www.creativecommons.org, and/or cc mia at creativecommons.org, general
> counsel for Creative Commons about this concern.

I'll ask there.

> If we could pull public domain imagery in bulk from the web, our
> repository would grow incredibly huge.

That's why I asked. I'm getting the CDs (legal, legit copies) for
free, and had heard that clip art is usually in the PD. Many of the
files are supposedly in eps format, or could be potraced easily if
it's legal.

They do have lots of trademark images (Coke, Pepsi etc.), but most
aren't. If I am legally able to donate these to OCAL, I will. I
wouldn't want to put OCAL, or myself, into legal jeopardy however.

If the CC has good news, I'll come back here to continue this issue.

Thanks!
--
Michael Moore