[Clipart] parameterized clipart

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Sep 1 10:37:12 PDT 2005

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 01:28:22 -0700
> From: Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com>
> To: Stephen Silver <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] parameterized clipart
>
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 09:23:50AM +0100, Stephen Silver wrote:
> > What I would like to see eventually is a way to contribute parameterized
> > clipart to OCAL.  So, for example, the user could be given the chance to
> > choose a new time for the clock image, and the server would generate the
> > image with the chosen time for the user to download.

> I love this idea.  I've been thinking somewhat along similar lines from
> the context of woodworking designs where the user could vary one or two
> parameters (such as the length for a table, or the height/width of a
> bookcase) and have the dimensions recalculate.

Could support for Fields be added to Inkscape?
I think there may arleady be requests for such functionality (not sure
if it was described as Fields, possibly was called Variables.)

(Fields, see abiword, or other office software.  Fields work like
variables you insert a field for Date and it will display the current
date)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org