[Clipart] cchost and svg status update

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 16:55:18 PDT 2006

> Bryce wrote:
> Cool, thanks.  Can you describe what changes were done?  How long did it
> take to do them?  I'm wondering if for importing into ccHost if it'd be
> better to start from your work.

I downloaded the files from the queue from that point in time, and put
them with the others in the "unsorted folder in the .18 release. I
then just opened up two windows and started sorting the image, using
my best judgement for where they should go. I also got rid of a bunch
of duplicates, though I probably missed some, and also removed
cliparts that were flagged as copyrighted in the bug tracker.

I couldn't understand how to use the scripts in the release procedure
on the wiki, so I wrote  a script that generated the txt files as
well. I think I still have that script arround here somewhere.

It probably took ~12 hours spread across a week or so. Nautilus seems
to be a lot more stable with SVGs these days, so I suspect it would
take a bit less now. :-)

If you think it'd be easier to import them from what I've got or if
you'd like to just look at what I've got, I can upload them.

On 8/17/06, Gerald Ganson <Gerald.Ganson at rdc.ab.ca> wrote:
> Whoever was doing that release also got zip files from me containing
> those MANY files I converted from a site that gave us permission to
> copy. I still have them too, and can likely add after cchost flies if
> they are difficult to bring in from the beginning.

Yes, those are included in the files I have.

Thanks,
--
Michael Moore