[Clipart] Convert

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Aug 19 17:38:29 PDT 2006

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, Michael Moore wrote:

> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:50:44 -0600
> From: Michael Moore <stuporglue at gmail.com>
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org, baeumer-siegen at gmx.de
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Convert
>
> > Dear Sirs, how can I convert an .svg-file to an .jpg-file?
>
> Inkscape can export to PNG (File-->Export Bitmap).

Note, PNG is a lossless format where as JPG is lossey which means some
information is thrown away to get a smaller file but sometimes this is
noticably much lower quality (works best with photos, worst with clipart
and cartoons with clear lines and only a few colours).

You may well have good reasons for wanting to use JPEG and I encourage you
to add your comments to this request asking for JPEG export to be added to
Inkscape
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1516747&group_id=93438&atid=604309

--
Alan