[Clipart] Inkscape and OpenClipart on Ask Slashdot

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Aug 29 14:44:28 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 12:56 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> Hardly noticed this, must not have been on the front page but Google
> notified me of it:
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/25/0133245
>
> In summary, SVG renders inconsistenty depending on what you use.  Not all
> that surprising really.
>
> >From the OpenClipart point of view a bit more error checking is required
> and I think we'd all love to have an SVG equivalent of HTML Tidy to help
> validate files but the tools aren't written yet.
>
> Users need to understand Firefox SVG support is incomplete, a work in
> progress and they should upgrade frequently.

Well, we should start using Bryce's svg_rendertest testsuite. Bryce,
what is the status of this? Maybe we can host this on Open Clip Art
Library to try and provide more compliance?

Alan, it would be great to redirect ppl. in this post to svg_rendertest
so that we can get better compliance.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org