[Clipart] image removal

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Tue Dec 5 01:43:30 PST 2006

Jon Phillips wrote:

> I think bad to erase the past, but good to make sure we are compliant
> int he present int he future, however law might have something else to
> say...esp. since someone could still access the infringing file(s)
> (while it is harder and or requires searching through old, but
> accessible packages).

We don't have control for a lot of 3-rd parties keeping our history:
web.archive.org, CVS/SVN of projects redistributing our clipart etc., so
practically is not possible to complete delete the history.

The browsable interface of the old interface and ccHost data are outside
version control, so they don't have history, something deleted is gone
for good, only released packages may be affected and probably we don't
do a new packaged release anytime soon.

(Yep, I am against deleting the history)

What the law say? For example if a portion of the Linux kernel is found
infringing some software patents, it would be replaced ASAP, but you
think it would be deleted from the entire history of the version control?

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/