[Clipart] Helping out with ccHost development?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Dec 14 22:11:38 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 16:49 -0500, John Bintz wrote:
> Hello, all.  I've got a little time to help out with some of the PHP and
> thumbnail programming bits that are listed on the wiki.  I have ccHost
> installed on a server locally.  What else will I need to do to start
> helping out with the project?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

John, please hop onto the chat channel #openclipart on irc.freenode.net
sometime and we can chat...

Otherwise, ccHost is what we need hacking on...basically the two biggest
parts are clipart import and thumbnails. There is a script at the root
of cchost's installed folder in folder mixter-lib called
'fourstones-import.inc' Basically, this needs to be copied to your
custom lib that you setup when you installed your ccHost, and then
rename to openclipartlibrary-import.inc and then get that setup to
import our previous old clipart from one of the packages (like version
0.18).

The thumbnails tasks needs to be done nice and abstracted to allow for
thumbnails, but I think a brute force approach is just fine too...

Also, joining the cchost development list would be good to figure out
things more: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/cchost

Cool and sorry its taking me so long to get back to you....so happy to
have another coder :)

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org