[Clipart] Re: Screenshot uploaded: age

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Wed Feb 8 13:32:04 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 02:29:39PM -0500, Nathan Eady wrote:
> Bryce Harrington wrote:
>
> > Hrm, what if we just disabled screenshot uploads until ccHost is set up?
>
> Well, that would be easy enough to do...
>
> And we do have a fairly good collection of screenshots already now...
>
> And screenshots are not the main, most important thing we are trying
> to collect, and it would be a real shame to spend much time on
> tools to collect those, when the SVG upload tool needs work...
>
> I could easily be talked into this.

Right, this is my thinking too.  We've got several long standing bugs,
that hopefully ccHost will make obsolete.

What would you all think about if we teamed up on getting up to speed on
ccHost this weekend?  I finally have a free weekend and would like to
chip in some help in getting it working.  I figure with Jon to give
tips, install should not be too hard, and it'll probably just require
some time to adapt the templates and php code to suit what we need.  I
think we all know php well enough, so maybe if each of us took one
feature we could make a lot of progress on it.

I figure it's probably wisest if a bunch of us learned ccHost, so in the
future we don't get bottlenecked with there being just one maintainer.
I think if we can approach the maintenance of this as a team effort,
OCAL will become incredibly stronger.

Anyway, who all's up for this?  Got a few hours to invest in learning
ccHost?