[Clipart] Translations

Victor Stone lists at fourstones.net
Tue Feb 14 18:34:20 PST 2006

Sorry this didn't make it in today but I wanted to make extra sure that
I'm covering the right scenario(s).

What you guys want is:

1) To setup an English site, with custom menus, navigation tabs, submit
forms, form lables, tips and help.

2) Have translators make internation version of all that

3) Allow different locales to specify a language

4) Allow individual installations to customize menus, etc. further

--------------------------------

If that's the case, do the following steps make sense (all of this can
be done with admin screens):

For the English setup:

1) Customize menus
2) Customize navigation tabs
3) Cusomtize submit forms
4) Edit strings for forms, tips and help
5) Push the 'translate' button to save that all out to 'en' (or 'en-art'
whatever)

For the locale specific:

1) Edit string table (this would cover all menus, tabs, etc.)
2) Set their language as default

For individual sites:

1) Customize menus
2) Customize nav tabs
3) Customize submit forms.

How's that sound? (Now you know why I didn't check it all in today ;))

VS