[Clipart] Critique

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form noreply at openclipart.org
Wed Feb 15 23:56:19 PST 2006

Name: Luke Roberts
E-mail: lukeroberts at gmail.com

Hey,

I've just been trying to upload some vectors (well, just one, but i
have others), with no luck. Apparently some kind of error and the
file is 0kb. The error message reads:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location:
http://www.openclipart.org/incoming/dodge_viper_gts_coupe_lu_03.svg
Line Number 1, Column 1:

I was exporting from Illustrator CS the first time. Then i downloaded
Inkscape to see if that helped, but just the same thing happened. So
sorry for flooding the page with my nonworking Viper SVG.

If i could get it to work, i'd love to submit some stuff. So if you
know what the trouble is, i'd appreciate some help.

There are some other aspects of the site that i've found a bit
troubling. The first thing i noticed was how hard it is to read the
form boxes. Having a light blue background with darker blue text
makes it very hard to read (i know they turn grey on mouse-over but
having to have the cursor in each box is annoying). I'd suggest
changing that to either a much lighter blue or just white and the
text should be a much darker blue or black.

The other thing that was a bit confusing was the links on the
left-hand column. Most of them seem to just lead to the Wiki fron
page. And when you get there, the links have different names to the
button you just pressed to get there. So it's a bit confusing. For
example, "Questions and Answers", "Roadmap" and "Tools" all lead to
the same page - the wiki front page.

But anyway, just thought you would appreciate some constructive
criticism. I hope i can contribute to the project soon!

-Luke