[Clipart] Re: [Cctools-cchost] big checkin

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Feb 16 16:25:06 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 14:18 -0800, Victor Stone wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > I think best to hold off release until after the checkin...I've been
> > swamped with the CC Teach event and other things this week, so seems
> > best to not stress ourselves out and aim for the following monday.
>
> That's cool, one thing we want to keep in mind: ccMixter should be ROCK
> SOLID the last days leading up to and a few days after the current
> contest, whatever big checkin/release things should kept away from that
> week (Mar. 9-16) and we should be ready to do lightening strike,
> pinpoint fixes/repairs to the site at a moment's notice.
>
> VS

Totally...lets go into a code freeze (informally) starting next THURS,
so that only bugfix patches may be sent in via the patch tracker. Then,
we can cut the package on SATURDAY, I'll write up the PR and do some
packaging, and then drop that all on SUNDAY night. Then, we will have a
glorious MONDAY of emails, press, hopefully some stories and distros
will pick us up...

Great!

Hopefully to the Clip Art folk, we can get some more lovely patches in
before next THURSDAY so that we can post something about ccHost
generalizing and the new Open Clip Art Library usage.

Rock,

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org