[Clipart] Wiki Progress Update

ryan lerch ryanlerch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 18:32:51 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Just thought i would give you all an update on the changes that have been
occuring in the OCAL wiki, and the areas that we are working on.

* As you may have noticed, the main page has had a revamp, aesthetic change
mostly.

* Patricia and myself have been working on the Clip-Art requests section...
- We have tried to organise the requests into major categories
- In each of the major categories, it is intended to have a table like the
one in http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Image_requests
- When a request is completed it is moved into here
http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Completed_requests
- Patricia has also been working on filling lots of these requests that have
been sitting there for ages... cheers matey!!

* The How You Can Help page was written, based on that entry in the FAQ. Any
expansion on this page would be appriciated as well!!!!

* Patricia also made the SVG tools page (
http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/SVG_Tools) nice and pretty with
tables and colours, rather than the boring list that it was previously....

* We created the artists page, which obviously lists all the artists that
have contributed to the OCAL. The idea here is that if the artist is active
on the wiki to change their name to a link to their talk page so that they
can be contacted directly...

* Patricia also has been active translating loads and loads of pages into
French...

* Patricia also has gone through the english wiki and revamped and editied
too many pages to list here, but there was many!!!

* I also stated a page for spreading the word about OCAL (
http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Spreadtheword)  - any ideas would
be greatly appriciated!!!

* We have also recently started the help page (
http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Help:Contents
) and it needs expanding and filling out...

* Patricia also had the idea to start the community portal area for the OCAL
wiki, much like the corresponding page on wikipedia.

Anyway, i know there is stuff that i have missed, but that is the list so
far...
I might try to update the list more regularly about changes and betterness
to the wiki...

Cheers,

Ry