[Clipart] sycamoreseed_theresa_kno_01.svg

Elliott.Bignell at t-online.de Elliott.Bignell at t-online.de
Thu Jun 8 22:50:32 PDT 2006

Might be worth pointing out that the tree known as the sycamore in
Britain, Acer pseudoplatanus - a major weed tree species - has winged
seeds. The tree known in America as the sycamore - Platanus occidentalis
- appears to be the London Plane, so known because it was planted across
London during the industrial revolution on account of its resistance to
air pollution.

Might we need a way to enter multiple names for English and American
English?

A. pseudoplatanus:
http://www.ccc.govt.nz/parks/TheEnvironment/WeedGuide/PDF/May2003.pdf

P. occidentalis: