[Clipart] thank-you for use of a graphic

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Mon Mar 27 22:16:47 PST 2006

elaine wrote:
> Thank-you for your tech support.
>
> It's very interesting about IE. What is even more interesting is that
> on my MAC using 4 different browsers : Safari, IE, Firefox, and
> Netscape, the PNG background is white.

That is because Internet Explorer on Mac is a completely different
program compared with Internet Explorer on Windows (different
codebases), so IE on Mac support alpha transparency on PNG but IE on
Windows does not (at least until the upcoming version 7).
Microsoft ceased development on IE for Mac some time ago, so it is
considered obsolete, this is why I forgot about it in my previous reply.

For the other problems (PNG and GIF differences, indexed colors, etc.)
Jonadab replied extensively on the list.

--
nicu