[Clipart] No release, but some scripts

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Mon May 15 21:52:40 PDT 2006

Well, a few months ago I said I was going to create a release. Then I
got a job, and things got kind of crazy. I'm still working on it, but
it's not done yet, and I appologize.

In the process I think I followed some of the steps incorrectly, or
they are wrong on the Wiki or something. Anyways, I ended up with
sorted SVGs, but no PNGs or metadata text files for them, so I wrote
some scripts. Perl seems to be the local favorite, but I don't know
it, so they're in Ruby. Hope no one minds too much. :-) Both are
Public Domain.

makemeta -- Creates the txt files with Author name, Clipart name,
License, and keywords.

Usage: makemeta [-r] [-s] [-v] [-h | --help] directory_name
-r -- recursive
-s -- silent normal output
-v -- verbose output (print error messages)
-h --help

You can use -s -v to get just error messages, and no progress messages.

makethumb -- Creates png thumbnails from the svg files

Usage: makethumb [-r] directory_name

Size is hard-coded at 128x128, but as it's a script it's easy to
change. Requires Inkscape to be in your path.

Anyways, hope these are helpfull,
--
Michael Moore