[Clipart] RE: Lineart versions of same graphic

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Nov 13 23:24:50 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 12:14 -0700, Gerald Ganson wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I was browsing the requests tab this morning and noticed that Zeimusu
> has added a lineart version of "Girlface 2" as a sub-file of hismain
> upload. To see what I mean, check out ...
>
> http://openclipart.org/cchost/media/files/zeimusu/1116
>
> I like this method and wonder....
>
> 1: Do we want to adopt this as a standard way to place outlines of the
> same image in the collection ?

I think this is really smart! So, one could upload the master file,
color variations and line versions...that would be very very good...

> 2: Will using this method affect searching or tag browsing to the
> lineart version in any way ?

No...

> 3: How did he do this ?

Ryan already answered...

> Thanks.
>
> Gerald G

I think the best way to start doing this is make it standard social
protocol, and others will adopt...Gerald and Ryan, it might be cool to
make a Social Protocols page on the wiki and identify these types of
social protocols for working on our site (as they are more of methods
for working on clipart and uploads and not technical changes, right?)

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org