[Clipart] Artists Signing Clipart

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Nov 29 08:58:44 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 09:44 +1000, ryan wrote:
> Do we have a stance on an artist signing/ putting a visible label on the
> bottom of their clipart. I don't have a huge issue with it, except for it
> detracts from the usability of the clipart a lot, if someone has to remove
> an annoying message like that before putting it into a document...
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> And here is an example that triggered this email :)
>
> http://openclipart.org/cchost/people/vlodco_zotov/vlodco_zotov_cell_phone.sv
>
> cheers
>
> ryanlerch

Yeah, i think we should advise against this so that people aren't
compelled to make a "remix" ;) without that person's name...better to
allow our system identify an author.

However, this should be a social policy IMO rather than bannable or
grounds for deletion. What do you all think?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org