[Clipart] idea for clipart requests and implementation

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 2 11:25:02 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 09:27 -0400, Roan Horning wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Thus, I uploaded the new worldlabel bitmaps as "requests" so that others
> > may take these, redo them as vector (while possibly improving them) and
> > then re-uploading them as a remix and then attach that new image to the
> > old one. The genealogy then will be tracked from the request/original to
> > the new vector version.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> Hi Jon,
>
> Are we going to worry about maintaining a running list of who is working
> on  a request?

I think we can track this by the upload that is linked with the original
upload tagged with request. Someone could also reply to the original
request saying they are working on, etc. This is nice because there are
feeds for the comments on each submission.

> Should the person who wants to work on a particular
> request claim it on the wiki?

I think we should migrate our content from the wiki to cchost and use
the aforementioned procedures.

> For some requests, multiple
> interpretations would be nice, but in others (such as some of the
> worldlabel.com borders) I don't think we need multiply submissions.

Sure...this is the beauty of ccHost because we can leave that up to the
users. Thus, if a submission is not considered high-quality enough,
another user could make their own remix and re-submit it.

> Once the request is completed should the request's "need" tag be changed
> to "completed" or something similar?
>
> Peace,
>
> Roan

Well, I think the fact that when one submits a remix of a request/idea,
then its automatically evident that the request has been filled. We
could add something in the interface to show this and/or create a custom
request browser that has stats on filled vs/ open requests based upon
what tags are attached to an upload as well as what has been uploaded as
a remix of a request. What do you think?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org