[Clipart] Worldlabel.com images

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Tue Oct 3 23:39:33 PDT 2006

ryan lerch wrote:

> Also, as i have been converting a few images, i have noticed that
> inkscape's svg file size tends to blow out rather quickly. Is there
> any script or something that i can use to optimise the size of my
> svg's?

I saw your nice tutorial about converting but I think it can be gratly
simplified, one can entirely skip the Gimp step, here is my take:
http://openclipart.org/cchost/media/files/nicubunu/344

As for the big size of SVG files, this is I believe produced by the
tracing, Inkscape tends to create a lot of nodes for complex shapes, you
can select each shape and simplify it (Ctrl+L). Before this, you may
want to adjust the simplification threshold in Options->Misc.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/