[Clipart] [Fwd: Re: pro-community and the problems of the PublicDocument License and Clip Art]

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Wed Oct 4 22:35:11 PDT 2006

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:

> Nothing can stop you to create one image and submit it as LGPL to OOo
> and as PD to OCAL, so you can go for their money, someone will have to
> win in the end.

I think I have a really evil idea about this: join their contest and
make it irrelevant.
We can flood the OOo contest with thousands of our existing high quality
clipart images. Those, by quality and quantity have a real chance to
win. The winner will be featured in the news, perhaps in an interview,
where he can reveal the futility of the OOo contest when OCAL is already
existing and after that take the prize money and use them to improve
OCAL (keep our own contests, improve infrastructure etc.)

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/