[Clipart] Re: Web site

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Tue Oct 10 23:02:26 PDT 2006

> ----- Original Message ----- From: <sales at frontrowcomputer.com>
>
> Thank you for the response.
>
> However, I use the latest Firefox, which does not natively support SVG.
> (You should be aware that they are still working on that feature,
> according to their web site.)  I have installed the latest, and last,
> Adobe viewer, and can now display SVG within the browser.

The latest stable version of Firefox is 1.5.0.7 and it support natively
SVG and should not have any problem with our images (it works for me and
a lot of other people).
You do NOT need the Adobe viewer for Firefox.

Also, the latest unstable version of Firefox, Firefox 2 RC2 is able to
display our images natively (in theory even better compared with 1.5).

> However, your site still is displaying errors.  On the page where there
> should be thumbnail images, there is only text.  When one selects any
> text item, one is directed to an error message page that states that the
> image is not available.

The errors are on the old site (example:
http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/animals) or on the new one
(example: http://openclipart.org/cchost/media/files/johnny_automatic/475) ?
If is the second case, this is a known problem, we don't have yet
working thumbnail creation for SVG files, this is one of the reasons we
don't have switched entirely yet to the new interface.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/