[Clipart] http://www.vectorsite.net

Peter Mathijssen pmathijssen at home.nl
Sat Oct 21 21:17:10 PDT 2006

Theresa Knott schreef:
> They look fine to me. I had a quick go with bitmap trace in inkscape
> set to multiple scan in monochrome and it looked fine. You have to
> uncheck the smooth radio button to stop it adding a gaussian blur
> first.
>
> Here is an example that took less than 5 mins. It's not perfect, but I
> was in a rush (I'm cooking dinner)
>
> http://openclipart.org/cchost/people/TheresaKnott/TheresaKnott_Boeing_B47E.svg
>

> Hope this helps
>
> Theresa

Hi Theresa,

I came this far also. But during conversion you loose in my opinion to
much detail. Your example came out ok, but it didn't have much detail in
the original image. Most images have much more detail, like the B-17D.
There are a lot of images with antennas, small openings and thin lines.
Could you try your skills on that one and see if it comes out right. I
tried all combinations. I installed potrace and potracegui as a
standalone program, because it has some different parameters. But the
result wasn't wat i wanted. I will try some more.

Peter